quarta-feira, 21 de agosto de 2013

Eu entendo mais do que eu posso dizer...


Slowly but surely I am starting to understand portuguese. Being surrounded by the language all of the time is a completely new way of learning for me but I’m up for the challenge. Everyone is being very supportive of Lauren and I in our attempt to learn, even when we mispronounce things.  


This past Sunday was Father’s Day (Dia dos Pais) so my host family had a barbecue and we went to Mass. I’m having so much fun with my host family and I’m very grateful to be able to spend time with them. For Father’s Day I gave my host father a mug from New York City and he loved it even though it was wrapped terribly.

On Thursday, Maria Clara and Teresa came to my host house to visit Laura and I. I honestly never imagined I would see either of them again especially in Brazil. It felt good to be reunited! When Teresa and Maria Clara came to New York, they were both in my Algebra 2 math class and we had a lot of fun. 

(Laura, Maria Clara, Teresa, and I)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário