terça-feira, 6 de agosto de 2013

6 de Agosto

Oi,

I'm loving it here! All the people are so welcoming and kind, not to mention the food is so good! Today I had classes, which are all in Portuguese... so, it is so hard to follow along! The only class I was actually able to understand was English. Figures... but the students and teacher still speak Portuguese. Classes ends around noon, and then on some days, you go home and come back for more afternoon classes. Today I went home, then went back to the school for a tour of the House of the Sisters with Paula. Paula and I both recognized one of the sisters from masses at Saint Igantious Loyola, that we had during the year. Even though all the sisters speak Portuguese, they are still so welcoming. After our tour of the sister's house, Paula and I took a tour of the school. Colégio Sagrado Coração de Maria is such a big school, that I actually got lost today while trying to find my class. After our tour, Paula and I had a Portuguese class. This was interesting as neither of us really knew, or knew how to pronounce any Portuguese words except for basic ones, such as; oi, boa noite, bom dia, desculpe, and so on. We learned so many new phrases and words such as; "meu nome é..." (my name is...), how to pronounce and figure out first and last names, count in Portuguese, learn different salutation phrases, in the formal and informal tenses, and the Portuguese alphabet. Overall, Paula and I are having a great time!!


3 comentários:

  1. Dears Lauren, Paula, Lola and Isabel
    With such a great pleasure that we here in Rio de Janeiro begin this new exchange between our schools. We are really so glad.
    It is a great honor to receive them with us.

    Kisses and hugs!
    Rosana Cattete- Coordenadora Pedagógica Geral- Rio de Janeiro

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Excuse-me...
    With such a great pleasure that we here in Brazil...

    Rosana Cattete

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Hi Lauren, Paula, Lola and Isabel

    I'm Maria Clara and I was an exchange student in Marymount NY this year, I don't think I got to really meet you all, but you probably saw me around. I just want to wish you all a wonderful experience and you should enjoy every second of your time in Brazil.

    Have an amazing time!

    With love,

    Maria Clara.

    ResponderExcluir